Vogue Australia has revealed its “21 Inspirational Women of 2021” list, and young Asian Australian women form part of this list! Here are the ones who are Asian Australian background.
- Le is a lawyer, community worker, advocate and organiser who grew up in South West Sydney;
- She was also the locally supported candidate for the electorate of Fowler until the Labor Party in NSW parachuted Kristina Keneally into Fowler and essentially pushed Tu aside as the candidate;
- She works across Marrickville Legal Centre and Western Sydney Community Legal Centre as a solicitor assisting CALD communities, particularly male perpetrators and victims of DFV;
- She is also the co-founder of The Youth Co-Lab and a Youth Leader at the Vietnamese Buddhist Youth Association;
- Le is a second generation Australian born woman with Vietnamese heritage, with her family coming to Australia as refugees after the war;
- Poole is a public speaker, board director and youth advocate;
- She is passionate about ensuring that young people have a place in Australia’s political conversations;
- She is currently Plan International’s National Ambassador;
- Poole is a Non-Executive Board Director of OzHarvest and the Chair of the Victorian Government’s Youth Congress;
- In 2021, she was awarded Youth Influencer of the Year by The Martin Luther King Jr Center;
- She has also been named as one of the Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence and 40 Under 40 Asian Australians;
Have we missed any other Asian Australian women on the list? If so, please let us know – but congrats to these 2 awesome women!
Images via Yasmine Poole Twitter and Tu Le Facebook page